Jumat, 12 Februari 2016

Nurture

What's up, Darla? It's been a while.

As time flies, I am fully aware that I really enjoy my job as a teacher. Recently, most of my students are toddlers. Some of them are even facing the stage to learn how to hold pencil. It's kinda new experience for me, yet it's also a challenge for me at the other side. Everyone has their first time. It goes same for me and the kids. On every first meeting, the kids might yell or reject me. That's the matter. I don't like being rejected. It is always freaking awkward situation. Ha-ha. That's not me if I just give up and get frustrated over something like that. I did some observation what the kids like and tried to associate their favorite things with me. Eventually, everything goes smoothly for the next meetings. The kids, who yelled and rejected you, will smile and hold your hands when you come. Oh My God, they are really lovely.

Well, kids are kids. You don't expect they will be sweet all the time, do you? There are times they get a little bit annoying and out of control. So far, I have no big deal with it and I like how I feel after class finishes. I feel satisfaction. I feel glad that I choose what I love to do. Beside, I feel that I can express my nurture side by teaching. Being a teacher makes me understand more and more how my mother struggles all the time. It allows me to appreciate my mother more and more day by day. Moreover, kids teach me how to look at the world in a simple way. They teach me how to smile and laugh for a simple reason. You know, adults find few reasons to smile nowadays.

1 komentar: